Inclusion & Behaviour Support
BGC South East is a recreation-based program, with staff ratios of 1 staff to every 15 children, and is not typically equipped to support complex needs or behaviours in all our programs and/or locations. As our programs strive to be diverse and inclusive, from staff members to participating children, we are continuously working towards meeting the diverse needs of our community. BGC South East is always changing and adapting our programs to individuals’ and families’ needs. We recognize the ever-growing demand for additional resources and services for children and youth with exceptionalities. Therefore BGC South East has created a Program Inclusion and Behaviour Support Team to complement these needs within our programs and camps.
Three Levels of Enhanced Support
Children/youth designated to receive Basic support are not assigned an additional staff (i.e., a Program Inclusion Worker). Basic Support will be considered and assigned (resources permitting) to children/youth who require/would benefit from basic, classroom strategies such as transition warnings, visual schedule, access to a calming space/calming materials, etc. Such strategies can all reasonably be implemented into the classroom environment without additional personnel support from the Program Inclusion & Behaviour Support Team. The Program Inclusion & Behaviour Support Team can be involved in the suggestion and development of resources and strategies and can also be contacted for consultation if resources or strategies require revision.
Children/youth designated to receive Enhanced/Shared support are assigned an additional staff (i.e., a Program Inclusion Worker) on a shared and/or part-time basis.
- Shared: The child/youth may share the Program Inclusion Worker with other children/youth (up to three children/youth sharing) in the classroom/program who are also designated to receive shared support.
- Part-Time: The child/youth attends the program regularly (e.g., full-time, all week, etc.) and receives enhanced support during certain times/days that they attend.
**Enhanced Support will be considered and assigned (resources permitting) to children/youth who require/would benefit from shared and/or part-time support.
Such children/youth may require/benefit from occasional social/behavioural/emotional support. The Program Inclusion & Behaviour Support Team will assign a Program Inclusion Worker to support the child/youth while the child attends the program. A support schedule will be created with consideration of the child/youth’s needs and the times/days for which support will be most beneficial. The program staff are expected to facilitate inclusion on days when the child/youth does not receive Enhanced Support
One-to-One (1:1) Support
Children/youth designated to receive One-to-One Support are assigned an additional staff (i.e., a Program Inclusion Worker) on a one-to-one/full-time basis.
- One-to-one support will be considered and assigned (resources permitting) to children/youth who require one-to-one support in order to attend and be successful in the program. Such children have intensive or frequent needs in one or more domains identified on the Inclusion & Behaviour Support Matrix.
- The Program Inclusion & Behaviour Support Team will assign a Program Inclusion Worker to support the child/youth. The child/youth’s attendance schedule may be reduced based on the availability of the Program Inclusion Worker.
- In the case of the assigned Program Inclusion Worker being absent, the Program Inclusion & Behaviour Support Team will attempt to cover with a supply. If a supply is unavailable, program staff will do their best to accommodate and support the needs of the child/youth.
How to Request Support for Your Child
How to Register Online When Your Children Require Support
Creating a Rec Desk Account
To register for our programs, you will need to create a RecDesk account.
- If you do not already have a RecDesk account, create a profile for yourself AND your children on Recdesk
- Directions on how to create an account can be found on the document: “How To Create your Household Profile on RecDesk”
- Once you have created your household profile, add your child(ren) to the location specific Waitlist on RecDesk; Click Programs> “After School” or “Licensed” > Select the appropriate waitlist program and complete the application process.
- You will be contacted by the Program Coordinator to confirm additional information and to confirm if you have a space in the program.
*Please note that simply adding yourself to the waitlist does not confirm your space in the program.
For more information, please see the Parent/Caregiver Handbook 2022-2023
Get Started: Create Your RecDesk Account Today!
How To Create your Household Profile on RecDesk?
Subsidies are available to assist families in accessing our programs.
Subsidy Information (Summer Camps, PA Days, School Break Camps)
If you are planning on applying for BGC Child Care Fee Assistance Programs through the City of Kingston Child Care Subsidy Program or PELASS, please ensure you have registered for all weeks of camp required, choosing “APPLYING FOR SUBSIDY” option at checkout.
Once the registration has been completed, please reach out to your site specific contact (contact information listed below) and request the paperwork and application. Confirmation of Space forms will be sent to the City of Kingston or PELASS (depending on your mailing address, not the camp location) during the first week of May. If subsidy is not approved, you will have the option to immediately pay the $50 non-refundable deposit per week and the remainder by due dates or completely withdraw.
The location of your subsidy application will be dependent on your mailing address, not where the camp is being offered.
If you live within the City of Kingston, but your child(ren) will be attending camp in Loyalist Township, your subsidy application will be submitted to the City of Kingston.
If you reside in Loyalist Township, but your child(ren) will be attending summer camp at a location within the City of Kingston, your subsidy application will be submitted to PELASS (Prince Edward Lennox Addington Social Services)
To qualify for the City of Kingston or the PELASS subsidy program you must:
- Reside in either;
– Kingston & Frontenac boundaries, OR
– Prince Edward County or the County of Lennox and Addington
- Each parent/guardian is either employed, or enrolled in an educational or training program
- Each parent/guardian has filed their income taxes for the most recent tax year
- If you or your child has a documented special need, and have been referred by a professional, you may also be eligible
- If you are a new immigrant to Canada this year, you may apply without your most recent tax return** (PELASS Specific)
***If you reside in Prince Edward County or the County of Lennox and Addington, and you are applying for subsidy, Parents/Guardians/Caregivers must ALSO complete an application through the PELASS office in addition to the paperwork that BGC will submit on your behalf. Parents/Guardians/Caregivers can access the application forms through PELASS by either calling the office (613-354-0957) or online by clicking here***
Access Application Forms Online
Q: Who is eligible?
A: Your child(ren) must be registered with a BGC South East Program. The financial needs assessment tool is a guideline where BGC South East will look at each family on a case by case basis in the event there are extenuating circumstances surrounding their situation. Assistance is based on household income and the number of children being registered per family. Please note, that this subsidy does not apply to school break camps delivered by our partner agencies.
Q: Is there a deadline for applications?
A: No, applications can be submitted at any point throughout the year. For Camp Programs, subsidy applications must be submitted at least two weeks prior to the start date of the registered week of Camp.
For After School applications, subsidized fees will be in effect the week following approval for West End Centre and Satellite Site locations and the beginning of the next month for the Robert Meek Community Centre location.
Q: How often do I have to apply for the BGC Club Childcare Fee Assistance Program?
A: You will be required to re-apply for the childcare fee assistance in the fall, (August/September) for After School Programs and in the spring, (April/May/June) for Summer Camp Programs.
Q: How will I know that I am approved for BGC Club Subsidy?
A: You will be contacted after submitting the application to confirm your approval.
Q: How do I apply?
A: Parents/guardians can complete a BGC subsidy form and return it to the front desk administrator with required proof of income.
Parent/guardians are required to provide at least one of the following:
- Previous years T4.
- 3 consecutive pay stubs.
- Notice of assessment, (NOA).
- Federal benefit receipts, (EI/ODSP etc.).
Q: How long does this approval process take?
A: The approval process can take 3 to 5 business days for submission and approval.
Q: Can I access multiple sources of fee assistance?
A: Yes, you can apply for multiple sources of funding for your child. (Jumpstart, BGC Club and the City of Kingston etc.).
Registration Refund Policy
School Break and Summer Day Camps (March Break Camp, P.A. Days, Winter Camp)
- A $50.00 non refundable** deposit will be required for each week of camp registered for at the time of checkout. This $50.00 will be deducted from the overall total of your camp fees. Remaining balances due date is also listed below in the Registration Deadlines and Payment Options section on Rec Desk.
- If a financial reimbursement is requested 10 business days (2 weeks) prior to the program/camp commencing then a refund will be issued in the form of a cheque, minus a non refundable deposit of $50 per week PER CHILD
- If a credit for a future BGC South East program is requested the full amount paid will be applied. This credit must be used within one year of request. NO CASH VALUE
- No refund or credit will be given if the request is less than 10 business days (2 weeks) notice.
- There are no refunds for days missed by a child, including those due to illness or in the event the program is closed for reasons beyond our control (ie. long disruption in essential services, bad weather)
After School Programs - Refunds
There are no refunds for days missed by a child, including those due to illness or in the event the program is closed for reasons beyond our control (ie. long disruption in essential services, bad weather). There are no refunds given unless a child is TOTALLY withdrawing from the program and adequate written notice is given (2 weeks 10 business days).
If your fee is more than 5 days past the due date, and you have not set up an alternative due date or payment plan with your program Supervisor/ Manager/ Coordinator, a late fee will be added to your invoice.
For Rideau Heights Community Centre or St. Francis of Assisi Catholic School, the late fee will be $10, for all other sites the late fee is $25.
If you cancel your party or event 10 business days prior to its date, we can offer a refund in the form of a cheque minus a $50 non-refundable administration fee. We can alternatively place the full amount as a credit on your account that can be used for any BGC South East programs within our facilities for up to a year. For any emergency cancellations on the day of the event. We ask that you please notify us up to 2 hours prior to the reservation, by calling 613-507-3306 and emailing Sydney@bgcsoutheast.ca.
We do not give refunds for cancellations with less than 10 days notice. Alternatively, you can reschedule your activity for a more convenient time that is available or put it as a credit onto your account to use towards any BGC South East Programs for up to a year. Pool Fouling: We understand that accidents happen. However, in the case of a pool fouling normal chlorine levels will not properly disinfect a pool fouled by vomit or fecal matter. Therefore, when a formed stool is found in the pool, our facility must shut down the pool for a minimum of 1 hour or until our chemical levels are within range. When Diarrhea or vomit is found in the pool, we must close the pool for a minimum of 20 hours. Unfortunately, this can result in pool bookings being canceled unexpectedly and with very little notice. In such an occurrence, we would be happy to reschedule your booking, offer another available activity, or provide a full refund.