Home Alone Course
The Home Alone Course is a three-hour program designed to provide children 10 years of age and older with the necessary skills and knowledge to be safe and responsible when home alone for short periods of time. It will help them understand how to prevent problems, handle real-life situations, and keep them safe and constructively occupied.
- Establishing a routine
- House Key is your responsibility
- Basic First Aid
- Internet Safety
Fall/Winter Dates to be determined. Please check back for more information.
Register for Home Alone Courses
By taking this course, young people show their commitment to gaining knowledge and skills to handle the many challenges of babysitting. The course is an ideal community project, which can help prevent injuries and promote the responsible management of common situations that may arise while children are under the care of babysitters.
- Becoming a successful babysitter
- Caring for children from three months to school-aged
- The behaviour and misbehaviour of children
- Handling Emergencies
- Caring for a sick or injured child
- Lifesaving Society Standard First Aid–This is a certification course that covers all topics of first aid required by the WSIB
- Prevention and basic First Aid
Register for Babysitter Course
Jungle Gym Drop In
Do your little monkeys love to climb? Drop in during our Open Jungle Gym times! This is an amazing experience for littles 10 years and younger who love to climb, crawl, jump and balance. Kids can enjoy thrills from the rush of our Speed Slide to the slow crossing of our Gator Pit – all under a canopy of vines!
5-9 years old
West End Community Centre (1300 Bath Road)
Socks available for purchase at front desk for $2
Registration not required
September to June
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday:
9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
July to August
Mondays and Wednesdays:
5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Tuesdays and Thursdays:
9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Please reach out to our Front Desk or West End Centre staff
Pool closure notice – West End Community Centre
The indoor pool located at the BGC West End Community Centre (1300 Bath Road) will be closed for renovations from August 26, 2023 to October 9, 2023. Pool reopening is expected for Tuesday, October 10, 2023.
These renovations will support the growth of service and implement energy-efficient equipment, advancing the West End Centre’s sustainability.
For any questions, please contact Jeff Helsby, Supervisor West End Community Centre at email@example.com
BGC South East partners with many community organizations to deliver aquatics programs at our West End Community Centre.
Programs delivered by those agencies and organizations register and enroll participants independently of BGC South East.
Our 25-meter pool has an accessible entrance.
- Lap Pool: 10 bathers
- Family Pool: 24 bathers
Please contact us for more information and to book pool times for your sports team or organization!
- PFDs can be borrowed however no other equipment will be available for use
- Patrons are encouraged to bring their own goggles and flutter boards etc.
- Snorkels are not permitted at this time.
- All used life jackets/PFD’s are cleaned/sanitized after each swim
- The use of swim diapers is required for bathers requiring diapers. Disposable diapers are not permitted in the water
- The ratio of children ages 9 and under to caregiver may be a maximum of three bathers to one caregiver (3:1)
- Children 6 years and under must be accompanied in the water, within arm’s reach, by a caregiver 16 years of age or older
- Children 7 – 9 years of age must be accompanied in the water, within arm’s reach by a caregiver 16 years of age or older OR if the child passes the facility swim test the caregiver must be in the pool enclosure
- Children 10 years of age and older who are swimmers may be admitted to the pool unaccompanied based on the drop-in program description. Those who cannot demonstrate comfort in the water or pass the facility swim test must remain in the shallow end
- Caregiver or group leaders are responsible for children in their care while in the facility and must directly supervise the children at all times
- Caregiver or group leaders must be a minimum of 16 years of age