1. Registration for all camps will open on Monday March 20, 2023. All dates are outlined in a chart below in the Registration Deadlines and Payment Options section.
2. A $50.00 non refundable** deposit will be required for each week of camp registered for at the time of checkout. This
$50.00 will be deducted from the overall total of your camp fees. Remaining balances due date is also listed below in the Registration Deadlines and Payment Options section.
3. Each year we are required to update all of our Member information through our RecDesk forms. For those of you who have been with us already this year (After School, PA Day etc) you will be required to complete the *new* Member Information and Consent Form 2023-2024. We understand this is a lot of information, and can take some time to complete, but it is important that we always have the most current information for your child. If this is your first time attending a BGC program, you will also be required to complete these forms in the registration process outlined below.
BGC South East is a recreation based program, with staff ratios of 1 staff to every 15 children and is not typically equipped to support complex needs or behaviours in all programs/locations. Possible arrangements for support(s)/ modifications may be available upon request. These supports are dependent/limited to: the program and staff's training, funding allotments, and the complexity of your child's needs. Additional or Enhanced supports (1:1 or support workers) above the 1:15 ratio is not guaranteed.
We urge Parents/Guardians/Caregivers to reach out via phone call OR email to the program site to further discuss the child's needs, options available for their child(ren) and to determine if our programs will be a good fit for the child, prior to registration
1. If a financial reimbursement is requested 10 business days (2 weeks) prior to the program/camp commencing then a refund will be issued in the form of a cheque, minus a non refundable deposit of $50 per week per child.
2. If a credit for a future BGC South East program is requested the full amount paid will be applied. This credit must be used within one year of request. NO CASH VALUE
3. No refund or credit will be given if the request is less than 10 business days (2 weeks) notice.
If you are planning on applying for BGC Child Care Fee Assistance Programs through the City of Kingston Child Care Subsidy Program or PELASS, please ensure you have registered for all weeks of camp required, choosing “APPLYING FOR SUBSIDY” option at checkout.
Once the registration has been completed, please reach out to your site specific contact (contact information listed below) and request the paperwork and application. Confirmation of Space forms will be sent to the City of Kingston or PELASS (depending on your mailing address, not the camp location) during the first week of May. If subsidy is not approved, you will have the option to immediately pay the $50 non-refundable deposit per week and the remainder by due dates or completely withdraw.
The location of your subsidy application will be dependent on your mailing address, not where the camp is being offered.
EXAMPLE: If you live within the City of Kingston, but your child(ren) will be attending camp in Loyalist Township, your subsidy application will be submitted to the City of Kingston.
If you reside in Loyalist Township, but your child(ren) will be attending summer camp at a location within the City of Kingston, your subsidy application will be submitted to PELASS (Prince Edward Lennox Addington Social Services)
Reside in either;
- Kingston & Frontenac boundaries, OR
- Prince Edward County or the County of Lennox and Addington
Each parent/guardian is either employed, or enrolled in an educational or training program
Each parent/guardian has filed their income taxes for the most recent tax year
If you or your child has a documented special need, and have been referred by a professional, you may also be eligible
If you are a new immigrant to Canada this year, you may apply without your most recent tax return** (PELASS Specific)
***If you reside in Prince Edward County or the County of Lennox and Addington, and you are applying for subsidy, Parents/Guardians/Caregivers must ALSO complete an application through the PELASS office in addition to the paperwork that BGC will submit on your behalf. Parents/Guardians/Caregivers can access the application forms through PELASS by either calling the office (613-354-0957) or online by clicking here***
If you are new to RecDesk (you do not have an existing account) please follow Steps below to create a RecDesk Account. OR;
If you already have a RecDesk Account, please skip below to “Registering your Child(ren) for Summer Camp Weeks”
Step 1: Create a Parent/Family Profile
Step 2: Create your child(rens) Profile(s):
Once you have completed the steps above, you can register for your desired weeks/camps/locations. To do this;
**Note: Once you have completed the forms for the 2023-2024 school year, you will not be required to complete the forms again until the next year. These forms will be shared across all of our locations, so if you attend a program at another one of our locations you will not need to complete these forms a second time. However, as always we urge Parents/ Guardians/Caregivers to ensure that contact and medical information is always up-to-date and contact us with any changes throughout the course of the year
A focused education camp that will give your child(ren) a head start in the fall and review concepts learned throughout the past school year. This one week intensive, structured, and play-based program will reset and boost children's academic knowledge. Children will receive small group structured literacy and math instruction everyday through engaging and hands-on methods and BGC TruePhonics learning materials. Daily education-focused sessions will be complemented by varied physical, arts, science, and technology programs - from sports to coding to science experiments with links to fun weekly themes! (weekly themes outlined below)
"Reading and Robots" offers campers all the fun of summer camp while providing learning opportunities to improve literacy and problem solving skills. Trained education instructors will deliver daily structured literacy reading interventions in small groups and campers will learn to program and operate LEGO Boost robots! This camp is designed to provide a stimulating and supportive environment in which kids can have fun while gaining new skills.
Bricks 4 Kidz camps incorporate opportunities for fun, creativity and hands-on learning. Campers will practice skills and gain knowledge in STEM topics (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) while exploring motorized builds and more using LEGO bricks. All Bricks 4 Kidz camps include daily physical activity and tons of fun! (weekly themes outlined below)
Please mark your calendars for the dates that remaining fees are due for your registered weeks of summer camp. You will also receive reminder emails from RecDesk and the Boys and Girls Club. (Details listed below in the Registration Deadlines and Payment Options section)